Memorial Day.....got on facebook this morning to see that a friend of ours posted about a service being held at our local cemetary. I have never been to a Memorial Day service so when my husband got in from work I asked him to join me. It was very nice probably not as big as some other places but it was my way of saying "Thankyou" to all those that died for our country. I spent most of the day yesterday cleaning house....my arms are sore today from all the scrubbing....lol. I did get to spend a little quiet time with my hubby, we watched Red Tails before he had to leave for work. It was a great movie!!! On Saturday I went shopping with my girls. I got Danyelle a dress for her end of the year/promotion dance. Its always fun shopping with my girls we always have fun and lots of laughs. So my weekend overall was pretty good if I do say so myself. Today I am just finishing up some laundry. Told Jordyn I would take him to the park to play for a little while I should probably be doing that now since daddy is sleeping....lol.
We have a bunch of birthdays around this time of year. My step-daughter turned 17 on the 11th of May. My nephew turned 18 on Saturday the 26th. My oldest daughter Jennifer will be 24 on May 31st and my younger daughter Danyelle is the next day June 1st she will be 14!!! We are all getting together for dinner at the Yard House this Friday night for dinner to celebrate. We also have a few graduations going on too....Danyelle is promoting to high school!! I cant believe she will be a freshman in the fall she has also decided to give marching band a try. I hope she enjoys it. It promises to be a busy summer for the both of us. My older daughter Jennifer is also graduating from Mayfield College in July and plans to continue her education in the fall. My husband will be graduating on the 15th of June with a second culinary degree in baking and pastries. And my nephew Joseph is graduating high school and will be attending the University of Nevada, Reno!!!! I am so proud of them all!!!!
In my last post I wrote about moving this summer well those plans have changed. We are going to stay here a little while longer. I guess this little town has grown on me more than I ever thought it would. My husband has 3 job interviews lined up this week....2 tomorrow and one on Wednesday so hopefully one of those will turn into a better oppourtunity for him to utilize his education. 2 1/2 years and 2 degrees should be worth something.....lol. I was planning a little get-a-way for the two of us the weekend that he graduates but if he is hired for one of these new jobs then I guess my plans will be out the window. But thats ok. I would rather him have the job. We have been very fortunate so far.
Other than that not much else going on just winding down another school year. Well.....my sons are bugging me to get off the computer....gonna drop the oldest one off at a friend's house and then probably take the little one to the park to play for a little while. I hope everyone had a nice long weekend.
TILL NEXT TIME......LIZ <3
No comments:
Post a Comment