It finally happened!!! Finally after being with my husband for almost 11 years I got to go back to his hometown in Louisiana and meet some of his family!!!
We were undecided up until the last minute about whether or not to make the trip....our older kids didnt want to drive across country so we had to make arrangements for them to stay with friends but I didnt know when the chance would come again and said "You only live once" lets go for it. So on Saturday July 2nd we left arriving in Louisiana on Sunday the 3rd. The drive was no joke. Driving across Texas was the worst!!! But we survived....lol.
We stayed at my sister in law's house which saved us the cost of having to get a hotel for 4 nights so that was a plus.
On the 4th of July we spent with my husband's family. It was quite interesting watching them feast on crawfish and crab since I am NOT a seafood eater. But just being there and enjoying them was good enough for me. But I didnt starve they also had BBQ ribs , chicken, potato salad, beans, etc. It was also fun stopping at a firework stand to buy fireworks. I havent done that since I was a child. Jordyn our 7 year old had a blast. He thought that was the coolest thing ever!!!
The next morning we woke up early and headed for New Orleans. Our first stop was the Audubon Aquarium. That was nice to be able to be inside where it was cool. Another thing I could of done without was the humidity but it wasnt too bad overall. We spent some more time cooling off at the Riverwalk where we stopped and had lunch. Then we ventured off to Bourbon St, Jackson Square, I got to see the St Louis Cathedral, we walked around and took in the sights. We walked so much that afternoon our feet were numb....lol.
Our final day there we went all the way to a place called Covington, Louisiana where there was an alligator ranch. Of course we mainly did it to entertain Jordyn but we enjoyed it too. They did an awesome job explaining their conservation program and I learned a thing or two about alligators that I didnt know before. We got to feed the bigger ones and we actually got to play with the little ones it was awesome!!!
We left really early Thursday morning to start our long drive back home. We detoured off our path a little to stop and see Leroy's cousin and his family. We spent a couple of hours there then it was back on the road. We made it home Friday evening. So glad I had at least a couple days at home to regroup. I seriously dont think I will be making a drive like that again any time soon...lol
But I am so glad I did it and got the chance to see where my husband grew up. He took me by his old high school, and the cemetary where his mother and grandparents are buried. Its just a humbling experience to see where he grew up in that part of Louisiana. I really enjoyed my time there and actually wish we would of had more time. Hopefully by the next time we decide to go we can afford to fly instead of drive.
Anyway so my vacation week came and went now its back to reality. My husband started back to school on the 11th of July he is counting down the weeks. I think he has 9 left. Jordyn will be playing football this year so very soon it will be time for practices to start so that will keep my weeknights filled.
I guess thats about all to update for now ....till next time....
LIZ <3
No comments:
Post a Comment