
As you all know today has been 9 years since the horrific attack on our nation. I know we have all taken a moment to reflect back on that day and the images of what we saw still remain embedded in our memories where they will be forever. I am so proud to be the wife of a veteran who served our country for 20 years and will continue to support those still serving. FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!!
I read that fall doesn't officially begin until September 22, but already in the stores are the Halloween and even Christmas decorations!!! I really wish time would slow down sometimes. The kids have been back in school for 3 weeks now they are all doing well. Having so much fun with my first grader listening to him read its amazing how it seems to happen over night. Now everywhere we go when he sees a sign or something he tries to sound it out if he doesn't know the word. Every night he reads to me before we go to bed. I am cherishing these moments because I know they won't last forever.
We will be starting a new soccer season soon. Danyelle has decided to play again this year she will have tryouts a little later on today. Jordyn will be playing also. Unfortunately Braydon is too old to play for parks and rec so we will have to see if he decides to play for the high school team. He says he wants to but teenagers change their minds ALL the time!!! He also needs to keep his grades up which was a challenge for us last year. Other parents of teenage boys tell me that between 15-16 is the hardest time. Boy oh boy has that proven true in my house. But things are getting better and I pray we all stay on the right track.
Last weekend my husband took our younger son fishing out on a boat. I was worried he was going to get seasick but to my surprise he didnt and he loved it!!! I'm so glad my husband is home more now and can spend the much needed quality time with the kids that he missed so much of over the past years. He is also getting to do things he hasnt done in a very long time and I am very grateful for that. They say life begins at 40 and I am believing that more and more everyday. Our life is just blossoming into everything I had ever hoped for. All the hard work and time apart is finally paying off for all of us.
Football season has officially began. I am so excited just wish we could get to see a game in person. I was wanting to drive to Arizona in October because the Saints play the Cardinals. I looked it up and its only a 4 hour drive from where we live but the tickets are so expensive. This time of year with school and holidays right around the corner its hard for me to spend that kind of money on a football game. But I think my husband would love it!!! We always have the Chargers too in San Diego which is closer so we will see. But the Saints did get the first win of the season!!! WHO DAT!!!!
I guess I need to go start my Saturday the coffee has kicked in and the laundry is calling my name....lol. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!
Till next time.....
LIZ <3
No comments:
Post a Comment