Good morning bloggers!!!
I am stuck here at work answering phones.....no doctor, no patients.....just me. I really dont mind it too much. It is easy pay and gives me some quiet time to collect my thoughts and enjoy some alone time. The good news is I have a computer and internet so I wont be totally bored out of my mind.....lol.
We are on the official countdown to my husband's retirement from the Marine Corps. I still have mixed emotions. Part of me is ready to move on and another part is really going to miss it. However, we are lifers which means we still have ID cards and access to the base and can utilize the commissary and things like. As the saying goes "Once a Marine, always a Marine". The Marine Corps has been my husbands life for the past 20 years. That isnt going to change any time soon.
With that being said we are still trying to find a house. The plan was to try to move before the new school year started. The way things are going Im not sure that is going to happen. I am trying to stay positive and know that things will eventually work out. But its been just one more thing on my to do list that I would like to scratch off. It has really taken priority this summer so we havent really planned any activities. My youngest is at the Grand Canyon with his grandparents. He will be home tomorrow. And then next Saturday the girls leave to go to camp for a week up in Big Bear. So I guess its not too bad. My husband would really like to take a trip back home to Louisiana. I am hoping we can work that out. We just celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary and I have not yet been to Louisiana to meet the rest of his family. Pretty sad huh? Well considering he was deployed for most of the last 3 maybe not. I just know that it would be nice to finally be able to go and see where he grew up and went to school etc. So hopefully we will be able to make it happen.
Well, I guess I have ran out of things to blog about for now. I hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July!!!
Till next time......
LIZ <3
4 comments:
It's going to be a big adjustment when your husband is retired.
Enjoy your day.
Wishing you all the best once your husbands retires...I know it will be a huge change.
No I had no idea you work for an Oral Surgeon...do you like it? The staff and Oral Surgeon was wonderful...they made me feel so comfortable and I was terrified before I went...haha
Hugs
Terri
I know house hunting sucks, but just hold on you will find something.
Kelli
I hope the transition goes smoothly for all of you! It is tough to finally be "finished"
I know things will end up working out for all of you though!
Happy 4th
xo
Post a Comment