Good morning bloggers!!!I just love my graphic that I found.....in my case its so true....lol. But honestly one of my favorite quotes is "EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON". I guess when life seems to be going so smoothly then all of a sudden there is a change. I think our first reaction always is what did I do wrong? What did I do to deserve this....I am a good person. That was my feelings a couple weeks ago when I last posted. I was feeling down and out. I was feeling hopeless. I was very angry saying why should I have to deal with someone else's mistakes??? I finally had to look at it from a different point of view. I was being selfish at first thinking that my step daughter was the problem. She is NOT a problem. She is an innocent child that grew up in the wrong enviornment. I dont blame her any more for her behavior. I blame her mother who should have done a better job at raising her. So now I know that she is here because this is where she needs to be.
It is a very tough job having a teenager come into your house that has been taught to not like you. Two weeks ago I wanted to throw my hands up and walk away from it all. I had to stop and think why should I leave?? I love my home, I love my family, and I love my husband!!! I have just been doing a lot of praying for the strength and wisdom to get through this. As well as some professional help....lol.
I know this is not going to be easy, raising children period is not easy. But I think I am up for the challenge. I know right now its going to be a fight. But Im not going to give in. I know there are still many days ahead of feeling angry, frustrated, and sad. But I also have to account for the days full of happiness, laughter and love. Right now there doesnt seem to be enough of those days like I was so use to. But I know in time it will get better. Patience has never been a strong point of mine. If I want something I want it NOW....lol. So I also pray for patience. Lots and lots of patience.......lol.
I could never even begin to think about giving up on my own children or sending them away because I didnt want to deal with them misbehaving. So I have to have the same exact feelings when it comes to my step daughter as well. I have to realize that it was her mother's selfishness and ignorance that brought us to where we are today. As an example my husband had to call her for some information and she had the nerve to ask him if he stopped the child support allotment......lmfao. What the fuck did she think? That he was gonna still send money for a child she didnt want??? So it just goes to show that her daughter was never a priority just a paycheck. Which from the looks of things was never used for the good of her daughter any way!!! Oops there I go again with the anger.......lol.....sorry. Let me get back on track.
Anyway, I need to get going. I have been so out of it and have not been able to post comments or even read many journals lately. I know you will all forgive me because you are such wonderful friends!!!
Have a great weekend!!!
LIZ <3
2 comments:
I've think you've reached an emotional level that will help you be the best step mom you can be. That's all you can ask for. Down the road, maybe a few years from now, your step daughter will love you for not giving up on her!!
It is hard. The hard thing for "adults" to remember is to not push their feeling onto children. Just love her and praise her mom. Even if you don't want to.
Thanks for your help yesterday. The boys are gone so now we are hoping for the best. Don't be a stranger.
Kelli
Post a Comment