I am so confused right now.....I have no idea what to do.
It has been only two weeks since my step daughter arrived. I knew it would be an adjustment for all of us and I had a positive attitude about the whole thing to start. I was going to make her feel welcome and loved. But who knew after only two weeks that such chaos could come into our lives over one child???
I feel I can never leave her alone with the other kids. She hits them and bosses them around. My 10 year old now wants to go live with her dad because her things are being taken out of her room, she is being hit, and lied to. My 5 year old got pushed off the bed and hit his head. The attitude I can deal with but I cannot deal with the physical abuse on the other children.
I told my husband to look into counseling but they are full on base and arent taking any new patients....so now he is trying to get a referral to somewhere else. I love my husband and I feel quilty because he has been there for my children and helped raise them and provide them with all their needs. I feel that I should be there for his child too. However, I dont know if I can...I dont know if I have the inner strength to get through this. I feel selfish saying this but why should I have to pick up the pieces of someone elses neglect??
Two weeks ago I had a happy home now my husband and I arent even talking. Now all the kids are affected and no one is happy. I have no idea what to do.....I think Im gonna walk away from the whole situation. Its been 9 years and nothing has changed I dont think it ever will.
LIZ
5 comments:
Oh, what a shame. I'm sorry.
I can't even imagine. I've always heard blending families was hard, and my sister had issues with her step son. However Liz..Honestly don't just walk away from the only real mother she could EVER have, her actions are a call for help, she needs someone who is willing and strong enough to fight for her. I know right now the days are dark and giving in, walking away seems like the best...try and stick it out. Don't let your husband lose such a great wife and family. This too shall pass! BIG BEAR HUGS!!
Tricia said it best Liz...don't give up on your marriage and family...your husband is probably just as torn as you are...support one another and try to get over this hurdle...as hard as it may be...it's worth the fight isn't it? I know how much you love your family... I'm with you on the abuse on your other kids having to go...that is uncalled for...maybe setting up an appointment with a therapist or someone would help matters....
Don't give up the fight girl...we are all here for you...keeping you in my prayers...let us know how things go..
Hugs
Terri
I am so here for you! I think I might be coming your way next week, do you want to get together and have coffee or somethng?
Heck if I am not coming your way, I will come your way iof you need me to.
Do you still have my number? Call me.
hang tight.
Kelli
I wish I were still living out there! you sound like you could use someone to come help you a bit
:(
Hang in there try and talk to Leroy some more
I know it is hard right now and it is a change for everyone but she is young and it isnt her fault she was raised that way
she needs someone there for her and i know you will be a good influence on her
try to stay strong for everyone hang in there
i hope that leroy can get a referral for her to see a therapist. I bet it would be good for her
ox
Post a Comment