Hello....Happy Saturday!!!Today Im gonna go see if I can find a dress for the dining in. I am hoping my oldest daughter doesnt have to work this afternoon so she can go with me. I hate shopping by myself. We of course have to drive down to the lower desert. My husband is going to Michaels to buy some baking items. Yes....my husband likes to bake!!! He is trying to find all his ingredients for his king cakes. Mardi Gras is next Tuesday and my born and raised Louisiana husband misses some of his home town traditions. Hopefully we can find some decorations there too!!!
I am gonna start at David's Bridal. I looked online and saw some possibilities. And their prices seem pretty reasonable. I was at the mall a couple weeks ago and looked in Macy's. OMG....I am not paying $400.00 for a dress I will probably only wear once. If I have no luck today I will probably have to head towards San Diego. I bought two of my dresses at a shop called Sophisticated Lady. I think it was in the North County Mall but when I looked online I didnt see it listed as one of their stores. So I might have to call before I drive all that way. I would probably spend more in gas than I would for the damn dress......lol.
I still dont have my computer armoire. That is on our to-do list today to pick it up on our way home. When we get it up and all put together I will take pictures. I am so excited!!! I totally hate having the computer desk the way it is now. It drives me crazy seeing the papers and C.D.'s and crap all over. (I love my husband....lol) So now all I will have to do is shut the doors. Out of sight out of mind right??? Works for me!!!
I have read quite a few entries lately on people saying that they feel they are spending way too much time on the computer and not using their time to do more constructive things. When I first started journaling a few years back I became pretty much obsessed with the whole thing. Decorating my journal....spending countless hours looking for graphics and blinkies....lol. Oh my, if I had one I must of had 100!!! Then I gave up journaling for awhile. Then my oldest daughter introduced me to myspace. With my husband being gone so much the last few years it was an easy escape for me to try to pass the time with. But once again I found myself spending too much time looking for graphics and layouts. Before I knew it....it was 9:00 at night and there were definitely other things I could of been doing that would of been much more productive. Now with my husband home we have gotten into a nice routine. We like to exercise together and we go for walks, we also have some of our favorite TV shows that we like to watch together. So other than my occassional journal entry that I write when he is gone to the gym or something I am happy to say I have refocused my time and energy away from the computer. My myspace is obsolete. I know I had a couple of you added as my friends so in case you even noticed that I was missing that is why......lol.
Well, I better get going my coffee cup is empty so that is a sign I need to get moving. I hope you have a great weekend and I am praying for a nice sunny day!!! I am so done with the cold and wind you have no idea!!!
Till next time.....
LIZ <3
3 comments:
have a good time liz,take care,love mort xx
Hope you find the perfect dress and hope we get to see pics!
I have a computer armoire and loveee it!
I need to manage my time better as well...it's so easy to sit here for hours on end...I'm addicted..lol
Hugs
Terri
Hope you show us the pictures of your dress when you pick it out.
I got rid of my MySpace and facebook also. It was all just too much. I like just staying here at blogger.
Enjoy your day.
Post a Comment