Good morning!!!
I dont even know what day it is.......oh yeah its Saturday.....after having to work yesterday it felt like Monday again....now I have two more days off. As much as I love the holidays having so much time off gets me out of a routine. I love my routine!!!! So hopefully things will get back to normal now.
I was talking to my husband before he left to Iraq telling him when he got home we were gonna go through EVERYTHING in our house and get rid of all the things we havent used in forever. I have been married to him only 5 years and we have moved together a total of 4 times and going on 5 this next summer when he retires.
I dont think we will get it all done in one day but today we are gonna start with the obvious place.....the garage!!! OMG.....I dont even know whats in there. I do know its a bunch of things we will probably never use. I still have some really old tools that belonged to my father who died in 1998. I guess I have held onto those for sentimental reasons more than anything. But its time to let go. The one thing I absolutely refuse to give up is my high school cheerleading box. I have had it all these years (22 to be exact). Inside it holds memories.....letters, cards, my old cheerleading uniforms, my yearbooks.....etc. My husband knows better than to ask me to depart with it. I guess there are some things you do keep with you forever!!!
So then the plan is to go through cuboards and closets inside the house and clean out those as well. I thought about having a garage sale but I feel guilty trying to sell somebody else my junk. If its something worthwhile then I might just set it out and let someone take it if they want it or take it down to the thrift store they have here on base. I didnt plan on taking on this task so early in the year but now that my husband is home I dont have any more excuses.....lol.
The weather has been great, still a little cold for us native Californians but warmer than it was a couple weeks ago when it snowed!!! I am anxious to get the kids back in school I think they are getting a little bored themselves. My daughter Danyelle has been with her "real" dad since Wednesday. So he will be bringing her home tomorrow. Im happy for her that she got to be with him for a few days....she is still daddy's little girl.
Well, I better get moving.....I need to go make a grocery list that is also on the agenda for today.
Have a great weekend!!!!
LIZ <3
3 comments:
UGH, cleaning out the old. Not a job I like. Good luck with that and Happy New Year.
Hugs, Joyce
Everytime I move I try to clean and get rid of junk.
then I end up aquiring more
LOL
good luck with the sorting :)
Seems like you and I are on the same page..going through all our crap..lol
Don't feel guilty about selling things in a garage sale..one persons junk is anothers treasure..lol
We have a Garage Sale every few years or so..and you can make pretty good money off of stuff you have lying around that you want to part with... I think 2yrs ago..I made close to $400...my aunt and cousin had one with me...we made almost $1,000 total..in two days..
Have fun..I'm not even near done yet...lol My closet wore me out
Hugs
Terri
Post a Comment