
Hello!!!
I hope everyone survived bringing in the New Year.....lol. We were invited to a party at a friends house. I really wanted to go to a real party since I havent been to one since my youngest son was born. And then of course my husband was overseas the last two years so not much to really celebrate.
So, then there was the issue of whether to take the kids or leave them at home. My older son is 13 and my younger one is 5. I asked my husband if we should leave them at home and his response was "HELL NO". We were only going 10 minutes from our house and he said absolutely not. I knew it would be ok to take them because she has two little boys of her own. But since she knew she wanted to get her party on she did the "responsible" thing and had her mother come and stay upstairs with her two little boys (her youngest is only 4 months old) and she knew she wouldnt be able to care for him in the morning if she was hungover.
I despise parents who make poor decisions regarding their childrens safety and well being. Especially if its for selfish reasons.
My husband talked to his daughter today who lives on the east coast with her mom (she is 13 too). She said she had to stay home last night and babysit her baby brother who is only 3 months old so her mom and step dad could go out. So even if she is a mature 13 year old, in my opinion I dont think I would be worried about going out to a party with a 3 month old baby at home. I mean really....is it that serious???
I guess some people are just more laid back than me when it comes to their kids. I am always on the alert. What if this ....What if that? Im always thinking ahead to what "might" happen. I think it would be devastating for his daughter if something happened to that baby while in her care. I dont think that kind of resposibility should be put on a girl of her age.
I feel bad for her having to act so grown up. Maybe its just me .....but I would never leave my infant baby with a young teenager even if it was my own. I know because I have been in that exact situation. I never had my oldest daughter stay home with my son when he was that young . I was too paranoid that something might happen. Shit his is 5 now and my husband gets mad because he says I protect him too much.
Well that is my job as a mother to love, care for and protect my children. I just feel bad for the children who have stupid parents.
Ok, well I guess that is enough venting for one evening......I need to get to bed early tonight I have to work tomorrow.
Till next time........
LIZ <3
4 comments:
I love your blog. Just a suggestion-- remember that the 'contrast' of your blog has a lot to do with the ease of reading, and eye strain. Use dark on a light background or visa versa.
Thanks.
Tom
I would never dream of leaving my infant child with my kid.
Its not her job she didn't have the baby.
poor kid.
she should be allowed to be just that! a KID!
sounds like she didn't have a fun new year having to be around the clock with a little infant
sad :(
I have missed many events because I could not leave my children. It is part of being a parent!
I know that I will miss many more events because we have handi cap son. That is life! I don't blame you for protecting your children.
Kelli
Post a Comment