Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A LAZY DAY......

Good morning......I cannot believe it is 9:15am and I havent done a single thing yet. I am definately having a lazy day today. My husband woke me up at 5:30 because he had to go P.T. (gotta love the military life). I must have fell back asleep and glad he came back when he did or our daughter would have been late for school!!!!


Our weekend was a random one. After my last post about my parents I had mentioned something briefly to my husband. I was sure he would want to spend the day at home watching football. But instead he said "Lets go, lets get out of here for awhile". Lets just say the city of 29 Palms is not exactly my dream place to live....lol. So we took off and headed for Long Beach. We stopped along the way to pick up some flowers. The hardest part was explaining to our 5 year old how we were going to visit my parents without dying....lol. He kept saying "but they are in heaven" and I said yes they are. Then he would say "but you have to die to go to heaven". Well, when we finally got to the cemetary he was ok. I tried to explain the best I could about our bodies staying and our souls going to heaven. So we decided not to stay long for fear he would ask more questions we had no answers for....lol.


I have been wanting to go to downtown Long Beach. I have heard from so many how it has changed and they have built all kinds of new restaurants and things. So we drove down by the beach. The weather was fabulous!!! We ended up at the aquarium. They built it about 10 years ago. I had never been. So that is where we ended up for the day. I just love random days like that where its not planned you just go on a whim. Those are the best days!!!


So today is my day off from work.....I have no appointments....no plans.....I am just sitting here drinking my coffee and trying to get even a little motivated to clean or something. Every now and then I get in one of these moods. I start feeling like all I do is spend my days off running errands and cleaning house. Well duh!!! I am a mother and a wife....lol. I went last night and got my nails done so I cant do that. My husband is so lucky we live so far from any good stores or better yet ....THE MALL!!!!! I cannot wait until we move back to civilization!!! We only have a few more months!!! He has already been planning his retirement. I dont want anything to do with that I just want to have to show up.


Ok, I think I have procrastinated long enough. There are a few dishes begging me to wash them and some towels that really want to be folded and put away in the closet......lol. I hope you all enjoy the rest of the week.


Till next time....


LIZ <3

3 comments:

sober white women said...

I love going to long beach. Long Beach actually has a bubba gumps shrimp company! Yum.
Kelli

Missie said...

Did you ever get anything done today?

Enjoy your evening.

Missie said...

Did you ever get anything done today?

Enjoy your evening.