Saturday, January 19, 2013

IT'S 2013!!!

Has it really been 5 months since I opened my blog!!! I guess once school and football started my free time was non existent....yep that was pretty much it. So hard to catch up after 5 months of not writing but I guess I will give it a try.

Let's start with Jordyn's football season....it was AMAZING!!! These kids made it all the way to the SuperBowl!! Unfortunately they lost to the only team that beat them in the regular season so they finished with a recored of 10-2. I made quite a few new friends and we had tons of fun but on the other hand I was ready for a break. Running to practice 3 times a week and early morning Saturday games will not be missed for a little while.

My daughter Danyelle made a decision to go live with her dad for her high school years...although I miss her dearly she made a decision that will better her academic career. She is now attending Palm Springs HS. She is still an honor roll student and planning to play softball in the spring. The schools out here just aren't up to par. And obviously Palm Springs has parents that can afford to help pay to get their kids a better education. She likes being around her big sister they are quite close even though they are 10 years apart. Jennifer is a great influence and doesnt let her get away with much....lol. She had surgery to remove her tonsils right before Christmas and to my surprise didnt need much recovery time at all.

Braydon will be 18 in a couple months can't even believe my children are growing up so fast. He only has a very few credits left and he will be done with school. Now he has to just figure out what he wants to do next.

Jennifer my oldest is now working full time and is going back to school. Almost 25 years old and no desire to settle down or have children just yet. She has a new boyfriend of 6 months. So we will see where this one goes. I dont think Im in any rush to be a grandma yet lol.

The holidays just seemed to fly by and I really didnt get much done this year. I didnt get my kids pictures taken like I usually do...and I didnt even send out any Christmas cards. I have been sick and just now getting over it (I hope). We did have our first outting of 2013 a couple weeks ago. I had bought my husband season passes to Universal Studios (his favorite). We took Jordyn for the first time and he absolutely loved it!!! He keeps asking when we are going again. Im hoping soon we can just go spend a whole weekend out in L.A. and do other things while we are out there.

It has been pretty cold lately....so cold the pipes froze in Yucca Valley where I work last Monday so we had no running water. So I got to home. Hopefully it will warm up a little but its the desert....we are either cold or hot....usually nothing in between lol.

Well, I probably should get back to my housework. They switched my husband's days off so now he is back to working Sat and Sun which means we have no days off together. Sometimes I like it because it gives me some "me" time. But I do enjoy being able to do things as a family too. Maybe if they let him have every other Sat off that would be ideal for me....lol. Anyway, the laundry is calling my name.

Till next time.......LIZ

No comments: