Saturday, January 22, 2011

PROS AND CONS OF BEING MARRIED TO A CHEF

Good morning!!!


Well, its Saturday morning and here I am again....Im on a roll (for now). Last night we had our annual office party. I work for an Oral Surgeon and the main way that we get the majority of our patients is by referral from general dentists. So my doctor started doing an annual "thank you" party years ago for all the other dental offices that send us patients. At first I wasnt in the mood to go but it turned out to be lots of fun even my husband go to go this year.


Speaking of husband....mine is at school right now. I really am proud of him for everything he is trying to accomplish. However, sometimes I wish he would realize that there are times that he piles too much on his plate. He is going to school 3 days a week and its an hour and a half from our home. He works nights at least 4 to 5 nights a week. He also has to find time to eat and sleep. And then try to add family time in there somewhere.


I love the part of his skills that when he is home I dont cook!!! That is definitely a plus for me because I dont really like to cook. But recently he has been doing things for other people. Once the word gets out or people have seen his facebook page and see all the pictures of the things he can do its amazing how many people will actually ask you if you can do this or do that for them. He has been catering a couple of events at his old unit on base. He did one back in December for their Christmas party. And this time he was catering a luncheon for the C.O.'s change of command ceremony. I should take a picture of my kitchen right now because I dont think I can put into words how bad it really is....lol. He says he will clean it up and I know he will. The problem is he wont get home today until around 12:30 or 1:00. So lets just say I already have the first round of dishes in the dishwasher.


So Im thinking I deserve a cut of his profits right? If he is making money doing this I should get a percentage for having to help clean up the mess.....lol. I have been trying to be better about not complaining about it because the more jobs he does like this the more experience he gets. The more he does the more people hear about him and ask him to do things too which in the end means more money. So I guess I know someday this will all pay off. Hopefully to the point that he will be renting his own kitchen somewhere with his own staff and I wont have to worry about it any more!!! That would be awesome!!! But that is a long ways off. So for now I guess I better just help out doing a few extra dishes....lol.


On another positive note....my oldest daughter Jennifer got the job she wanted down in Palm Springs so she is living down there again. I am so happy for her!!! It is such a good feeling to see your children succeeding in life and doing things you know make them happy. I am so proud of her!!! But I am gonna miss not seeing her all the time again.


So I guess that is it for another week I'm gonna go knock out some more dishes and some laundry and then try to find time to go out and enjoy our beautiful California desert weather!!! To all my friends who are in 6 inches of snow right now....I dont envy you at all!!!


Have a great weekend!!!! LIZ <3

1 comment:

Rose said...

Kudos to your husband and bless you for supporting his cooking abilities and juggling work and home needs.

Sounds like you have a lovely marriage.