
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
I seriously dont know where the days go it is already 12 days into the new year. So far it is lookin pretty damn good if I do say so myself. As I mentioned my husband worked on New Years Eve but he definitely made it up to me. We went out last Saturday night to the new hotel he will be working at in Palm Springs. He is so excited. I am so happy for him. He will be finishing up culinary school this June. So hopefully if things go well we might be moving this summer as well but we havent decided for sure those are just some preliminary thoughts. I personally would love to live back in Palm Springs!!!
Other than that working 4 days a week and keeping up with 3 minor children and 1 grown child keeps me busy...lol. Jennifer my oldest will be 23 this May she just received an employee of the month award. I think she is one of the few girls around here her age I know that isnt married or pregnant. She is loving her life being single, having her job and money her own car and in no rush to settle down. I am very blessed. I feel so bad for moms like my dear friend who has a 16 year old daughter who is due to have her baby any day. She herself has 3 other children. Her youngest is only 3. So she definitely has her plate full.
Braydon my oldest boy will be 16 in March. He keeps bugging me about driving and Im not ready for all that yet he needs to settle down a bit. He seemed to have gotten in with the wrong crowd of kids over the summer and boy did we go through some tough times. He seems to be getting back on track and Im praying it was just a phase he was going through. But he is still my baby boy. He is never disrespectful at home and always does what I tell him to do. As with any parent you always just want the best for your children. It gets so hard when they get to be this age and start making their own choices. Sometimes the only thing you can do is let them figure it out on their own. He got his braces off on December 22 so hopefully if he continues to keep up in school we can eventually talk about this driving thing....lol. Teenagers ugh!!!!!
Danyelle will be 13....wow!!! She started junior high this year and is also evolving into this teenager life. She is super smart and capable of getting straight A's if she really applied herself but she cant keep her mouth shut. I have gotten 2 calls this week from one of her teachers that she is talking continuously even after being warned. I have talked to her, grounded her, taken away the phone and the computer. I dont know what else to do. I threatened to make her wear tape over her mouth....lol. Like I said the joys of teenage life....watching your children develop into their own person. Trying to guide them in making the right choices in life to keep them safe, it is definitely a challenging job I think I would take diapers and 2am feedings all over again if I could...lol. I think one of the biggest things Im learning is to accept that they are their own person, as a parent it is our job to support them and love them no matter what!!!
Jordyn...my baby!!!! Not any more he just turned 7 in December. So far Im still enjoying this one...lol. We spend lots of time in the evenings together reading or playing cards. Santa brought the family a new XBox for Christmas so he plays that too sometimes too much. So during the week we have to set time limits. He spends a lot of time outside just being a boy. Riding his new bike or his new electric scooter...having a birthday a week before Christmas has its advantages he has so much stuff he doesnt know what to do with. He still has a train set in his closet he hasnt even played with yet.
Well its about time to resume my motherly duties of dinner and homework. Like I said my goal is to try to post at least once a month or sooner if I can. Wishing everyone a happy, healthy new year!!!
Till next time.....Liz <3
No comments:
Post a Comment