Good morning!!!
Well our heat has finally arrived!!! It is 8:30 in the morning and already 91 degrees. I am alone on a Saturday morning in the middle of summer...what?? How did that happen? LOL. I should really be doing some cleaning and organizing but it got too hot, I couldnt even finish my coffee this morning....lol. So I decided to post something since its been almost a month. So lets see where did I leave off???
The last post was on our anniversary, June 21, my husband took my step daughter to the airport. We went a couple days later out to my hometown of Long Beach, CA when we spent an awesome day downtown at Shoreline Village and The Pike. We walked around, had ice cream, enjoyed the beautiful ocean air. We sat for quite awhile at the park just enjoying each others company and enjoying the "alone" time. Later in the afternoon we went to a really cool little bar called the Mai Tai Bar and of course drank Mai Tai's then had dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co it was awesome. If you are ever in Long Beach I highly recommend it very fun place and terrific food!!!My husband enjoyed it so much we are gonna go back for his birthday celebration.
We spent the 4th of July with my sister in Las Vegas, Nevada. She has awesome neighbors that had a pool for the kids to go swimming and then in the evening they had a block party since they live in a cul de sac and everyone brought fireworks to set off. Not to mention you could see all the ones from the local hotels and casinos. It was great just being able to sit in our front yard with a glass of wine and enjoy the show!!!
Then last weekend my husband was off work so we took off to San Diego just for the day...I wish it could of been longer. We took Jordyn down to Mission Beach. He had a great time at the arcade, playing miniature golf and going on a few of the rides. He was a little upset he couldnt ride the big wooden roller coaster. He is not quite tall enough yet. The beach was overcast but it was still a great day.
So now my husband has started back to school. He has been doing so well...and is actually starting to get some catering gigs. It scares me because it is such a huge responsiblity and alot of hard work but that is what he loves to do. He still has a year to go in school so if he can keep this up on the side it will just be that much easier when he is finally finished with school. Not to mention the extra money!!! So we are thinking of making up some business cards and getting this thing off the ground!!!
Other than that nothing too exciting....just looking forward to taking a week off from work and enjoying my kids. We arent going anywhere exciting just doing some local things. Probably go to the Orange County Fair, the beach, and whatever else comes along. Then it will be time to start getting ready for a new school year!!!
Well I better get going the housework is still waiting for me....lol. And I need to find something for my hubby and I to do tonight since it will probably be our last time alone for quite awhile....we gotta take advantage of the time while we have it.
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer for anyone who decided to read this.
Till next time.....
LIZ <3
4 comments:
Sounds great, happy days...........Sherry
Hey girl it HAS been a long time!! Thanks for the congrats on Noah! How are you guys? I should go back and read and catch up!!! :)
Just calling by, hope the heat hasn't gotten any worse
Sounds like your having a good summer. Hope it continues!
Post a Comment