Saturday, August 22, 2009

SUMMER IS ALMOST OVER.....

I can't believe summer is almost over!!! School starts on Monday which I am totally excited about. I will be the proud mom of a college student, 2 high school freshman, a 6th grader, and a kindergarten student!!! Jennifer my oldest daughter has enrolled for college classes. I am so proud of her for making that decision on her own. I have been wanting her to go but have not pressed the issue. I figured if thats what she wants she will do it. We had a busy week getting the other kids registered in their new schools. The biggest challenge will be transportation. With all the wonderful budget cuts it looks like there will be no bus for Kaelah since we dont live over 3 miles from the high school......ugh!!! I can drop her off in the mornings but we still havent figured out how she will get home. So hopefully we can find someone who lives in our area that goes to the high school and maybe work out a carpool or something. Im keeping my fingers crossed. My little guy starts kindergarten. Im not as sad as I thought I would be. I am really glad that he will finally be starting real school.


My husband's retirement ceremony went well. He has discovered over the last couple of weeks that being Mr. Mom is not his thing....lol. He was amazing though. He took the kids to dental and doctor appointments. He turned in paperwork. He kept them somewhat entertained with trips to the movies and the water park. He also kept up with all the housework. Even though I had to listen to him whine and complain. He was amazing and I am a very lucky woman to be able to go to work for 8 hours and come home to a clean house and dinner on the table. I have been working 5 days a week since my co-worker had her surgery. The good news is she is doing great and is expected to return to work in a couple more weeks. I cant wait!!! My husband got another job already. He applied for a job on base and he got it!!! So things are finally starting to come together.


I will need to make a trip to Wal Mart later to pick up a few more school supplies. I think I will pick up a few extra items to donate to the school. I think its a sad thing that when the state has to start making changes that our children have to suffer. That is when we as parents need to put forth a little extra effort to make sure our children's education comes first. Volunteer time at the school. It only takes an hour a week if you have enough parents. Donate items so that each child can have his own pair of scissors or glue stick. Seriously, they are only 30 cents at Wal Mart. What infuriates me are selfish parents!!! Parents who dont work but are too lazy to walk their kids to school. Parents who stand in line to get free school supplies but later on that night will be at the liquor store spending their money on beer and cigarettes. Parents who are selfish and can afford nice things for their kids but instead spend it on themselves and buy their kids clothes at the thrift store!!!


Ok let me stop ranting....lol. I dont get much time to really sit down an update my journal too often and I dont even think I have any readers left....lol. I dont do myspace any more but I love facebook!!! I am having so much fun reuniting with old high school friends and finding friends that I grew up with. Seeing how much some people changed and others look exactly the same. I have posted my facebook badge so if any of you have a facebook and I havent already found you come look me up. Well, I better get going. I hope everyone is doing well. Someday I will win the lottery and I will be able to blog everyday.....lol.


Till next time......


LIZ <3

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Don't get me started on selfish parents....we got some at the dance studio that are the same...won't pay their bill, but get a new tatoo or something. School - you've got it all wrapped up from K-College wow. My Mr Mom isn't happy with his status either, but...oh well.

sober white women said...

All of my children are in school and I am loving it!
My hubby is looking for a new job, so we will see where that takes us. Right now he is very happy that he is employed, but he is still looking. I might be heading your way on Wednesday.
Kelli