
Good morning!!! I have to take a few minutes this morning to just sit and relax. I have been going non-stop all week. The movers came on Monday and decided to pack and move all in one day. I thought that was great until I started unpacking and saw what a crappy job they did. Thankfully nothing is broken yet that we know of but I still have to unpack my good china and the things that go in my curio cabinet these items hold the most sentimental value to me and I am praying everything is in one piece. I am on a mission this weekend to get this house done or at least presentable before next Thursday when my sister arrives. I dont know why Im stressed I remember going to her new home shortly after she moved and there were boxes everywhere so I know it doesnt really matter but Im gonna try anyway.
Next Friday is the big day. My husband's retirement ceremony!!! The picture above is on the back of the invitations that we sent out. I know he is going to miss it but I am more than relieved to not have to go through any more deployments. 3 in a row is enough for me. I'm ready to be able to live life without having to get permission from the Corps to do anything. However, I am not leaving that part of me out of my life totally and look forward to being able to do some volunteer work with other retired wives. Some of you may know the saying "Once a Marine Wife always a Marine Wife"
Work has been stressful we found out earlier this week that one of my co-workers has cancer she is suppose to be going into surgery this morning. So Im praying for her and hope she has a quick recovery and will be able to join us back at work. It is such a shock when you see a person one day and they seem perfectly fine and the next day you find out they are being operated on. I still cant believe it. So if any of you can say an extra prayer for her and her family I would really appreciate it.
Well, nothing else new going on here so I guess that means I need to go get started on my day. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!
Till next time.....
LIZ
2 comments:
When my husband retired I wondered where my life would take me. It took me to looking after younger marines and working with some veterans.
This is a great adventure! I can't wait to see where it take you.
Kelli
Next friday will be here before you know it!
Have a good week.
Post a Comment