Today is Saturday.....no work....I should probably be sleeping in but instead I found my eyes wide open at 5:30 a.m. just like clockwork. Im in such a routine. So I just came downstairs made my coffee and then remembered what today is......


I realize as Im getting older how much I am like my father. I think about things he probably sacrificed so I could have the things I wanted. I know now how much he worried when I stayed out late and didnt call. I know now that even when I grew up and moved out why he still insisted that I call him at least once a week. I realize that it takes a good parent to become a good parent. I am so very grateful that I had 2 loving and caring parents. And though I feel they were taken from me too early. Enough of their values and morals had already been instilled in me and has allowed me to become the mom that I am today.

Well, I better get going.....today I am going to a Woman's Retreat. Its for military wives. I went last year and absolutely loved it. They are having it at a resort in the lower desert. They provide us with transportation. Free daycare for the wives whose husbands are deployed. They have a very nice lunch, music, guest speakers and then they always give away prizes. Last year I received a 2 night stay at the Marriott Hotel. I feel grateful that there are people out there willing to show their appreciation. I do feel I deserve to be thanked too. I know my husband is the real "hero" but I sacrifice too. Its a team effort. And I know for a fact that not all women can handle the job of being a military wife!!!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!
Semper Fi ,
LIZ <3

5 comments:
lovely post on your father liz,that was well written from the heart.have a great time,love mort xx
I know how you feel. I wish I had a sitter, I wish I knew what it was like to have someone love your child as much as you do.
I so miss my dad.
Kelli
Hey peacho thanks for swinging by my place! I pretty much think I have the best blog ever....wink-wink. Yours is great too!
Glad I can follow you here. I was bummed when you went private on myspace(lol I used to check in from Emilys page)
They don't say the toughest job in the Corps is being the Marine wife for nothing.
So thank you.
Happy Bday to your dad!!!
HUGS
Happy Birthday to your dad...sounds like he was a wonderful man! I hope you had a good time at the retreat!
Hugs
Terri
Post a Comment