
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! I know, I know, Im late. But I have found that I just dont have time to write except on my Wednesdays when I have the kids at school and the husband at work. I have tried numerous times to write in the evenings or on weekends and it just doesn't happen. I get interrupted and then lose my train of thought. Then I get frustrated and just give up. So I have just come to the conclusion that I will stick to once a week.
We finally got all our car issues resolved but wow was that exciting....NOT!!! We decided to get my car fixed. So I dropped it off last Wednesday they told me they would have it till Friday. So Thursday morning we were up really early I had to drive across base to drop my husband at work, take Jordyn to daycare. Then I dropped the truck off at the tire store because it needed a new tire and an alignment. I dont work too far from there so I walked the half mile to work....no big deal. I walked back after work to find out they didnt even put on the tire saying they didnt have the tool to get my husbands center cap off ....OMG....are you kidding me. So Friday morning we repeated the routine all over again!!! I was not very happy but oh well you do what you have to do in these situations. Im just glad its done and pray we dont have any more car repairs for quite awhile!!!
Our other adventure was our new kitchen table......we put this thing on layaway 6 months ago. I made the final payment last week and they told me where to go to pick it up. However when we get there the guys tell us they dont have it!!! They also told us there is no way the table and 6 chairs will fit in our truck that we need to go back and have it delivered they told us the table and chairs were already put together. We were able to find out that it was being stored at another warehouse. So we just scheduled for delivery. Yesterday afternoon I get a call from my husband he was very upset. He said didnt those b******* tell us this s*** was all put together? Yes, you guessed it.....it was all in boxes.....lol. I swear it has just been one thing after another. I did call and complain that we were given false information about our furniture. But the bottom line is my husband stayed up last night to try to finish putting it together. So far we have a table and 3 chairs.....3 more to go.....lol. I use to get so upset over things like this, now I just laugh because its really not worth getting upset over. It will get done eventually.
My husband has been busy with cake orders......he has made cakes before for the unit when they have bake sales or an event and now people are actually paying him to make cakes!!! He made an anniversary cake last week. This week he has 2 birthday cakes to make. He is so excited he absolutely loves it. Im ok with it now too since I finally was able to train him to clean up as he goes.....lol. He knows now not to let me wake up to a dirty kitchen. We finally decided to invest in a kitchen aid. He has been wanting one for the last 5 years. But if he keeps making these cakes, it will eventually pay for itself. I told him he could do the baking and I will take decorating classes then we can go into business together......lol.
My daughter Danyelle is running track for her school. They only have 3 meets. They had one last week. She got 2 second place ribbons and 2 third. She is not the fastest runner but she likes to do it and I love it when my kids stay active!!! Her dad has Wednesdays off so he drives up to watch her also. I am very blessed that my ex and I get along so well. People make comments to us all the time. It really does make a difference. Our kids are not perfect and our son has become a typical teenage boy but one thing they do know is that they cant play one of us against the other. They know we will work together. I do think when divorced parents fight or make it obvious to the children that they dont like each other that it affects them. My advise to other divorce parents would be that its not about you any more!!! It is about the children and if you can stay focused on that issue and stop blaming the other one for what happened years ago you might just be able to raise your children together in a positive way!!!
Ok well I have chores waiting for me so I guess I will get going......I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I am so happy that the weather is finally warming up and we have sunshine it has been close to the 80's already and Im loving it!!! So I hope to be outside this weekend soaking up some of the sunshine!!!!
Till next time......
LIZ <3
1 comment:
Oh retirement is so nice. I so hate car trouble! Hey I am now on facebook so if you have an account there please look me up.
I am so enjoying this weather!
Kelli
Post a Comment