Saturday, February 28, 2009

UGH!!!!!!

Today I am doing ...NOTHING!!!



I had a busy week it started out with waking up at 5am on Monday morning so I could drive with the girls from work to take our C.P.R. renewal course. It was only 2 hours so afterwards we went shopping and had lunch. I had a great day but was exhausted by the time I got home. I normally have Wednesdays off but this week I worked for my friend Leslie who was driving to L.A. (Los Angeles) to be sworn in as a U.S. citizen. She is from Canada and has been waiting 2 years for this...we are all so excited for her and I was happy to fill in for her at work. However, that means I worked 4 days in a row. After work my husband and I have been trying to work out. We have been walking and going to the gym when we can. So lets just say that the housework has been put to the side lately. I mentioned to him earlier in the week that things were getting out of control. (In my opinion of course). I have expressed to him before that I feel like I spend all my days off just cleaning and running kids to appts. I nicely asked him for help.




So with that being said......I have been promising my younger daughter to take her to see Bride Wars for 3 weeks now. It was playing on base last night at 6. I wasnt gonna miss it again. It just so happened my oldest daughter was out here visiting so she went with us. I was so happy going out with my girls!!! So when the movie ended and it was time to head back home. I started wondering what the boys were doing back home. I wondered if my husband had made any attempt at putting in a load of laundry or putting the dishes away or anything at all??? I was hoping, even praying that maybe just maybe talking to him nicely and expressing my feelings would be enough. I guess I thought wrong........lol.



I got home to find the house in the same condition....and to find them on the couch playing video games. I didnt immediatley lose it......I just calmly asked him if he had fun while I was gone. And he saw me looking around the house shaking my head. Immediatley he was on the defense....so of course an arguement was about to start. I just said I cant believe you sat here for 2 whole hours!!!! I just said forget it and went upstairs.



Now of course this morning he is doing dishes....he put in a load of laundry....took out the trash......but why does it have to come to this......why do I have to get angry in order for him to do something???? Then when I made a nasty comment because if you know me thats just me......lol. I said "You dont have to clean the house I dont care" and he had the nerve to say "I am not doing it for you"......OMG!!!!! So lets just say it took every ounce of my being not to grab something and smack him over the head with it!!!!! So......now I am up in my room writing this entry.



I am very stubborn and I am not backing down on this one. I just got a message from a girlfriend here on base so I am gonna go get dressed and go hang out at her house for awhile. I will take off for the day and see how he fends for himself. I know he will do fine because he is very capable. And he is just as stubborn as I am!!! That is what makes it so hard. Because I know he can do it without me. But that isnt the point. It is going to be an interesting weekend .....lol.



So I am off......gonna go spend the day doing whatever the hell I want and hopefully I will come home to a clean house and if not......oh well it will get done eventually!!!!



Till next time.....




LIZ <3

3 comments:

sober white women said...

I so feel your pain! I deal with that every weekend. I have just given up. Now hubby will hunt for clean jeans. I can't do it all.

I just loaded the dishes, so the dish washer is running. I took the recycling out, so that is done. Laundry is a never ending battle, so I should go try to find my way to the washer and put a load in the washer!

Next weekend, or this weekend depending on you look at it. Anyway a bunch of us are going down to point loma, and then over to MCRD because the drum and bugle corps, and the silent drill will be there. Do you guys want to come?

Kelli

Christy said...

I have learned that we have to truly say exactly what we want with husbands. Their minds simply work differently than ours, which is good, but we can't hint around or anything, just straight out say what we want.

Thank you for praying for my friends. You said you don't know how they do it, well honestly what choice do they have? A harsh reality is just because your child dies does not mean you will too. I will say the cruelest thing people say to me is "oh if my child die, I'd just die too". My response is " I prayed to die and I'm still alive, it doesn't work that way". You keep going because you have no choice, the world keeps turning and the reality is most people have about 30 days worth of sympathy in them, after that they return to their own selfish lives and you and your loss are an after thought, if a thought at all, for most. I can say my dear friends are no stronger than anyone else, they've just had to learn to grieve twice as much, and learn how to keep going not once, but twice. GOD carries them through it, as he does me and my husband. Those who do not have a relationship with Christ, well I can say I don't know how they do it, because he's the ONLY way I was able to come out this side of grief knowing that Jordyn's death was not for naught, that she's safe. I don't have to worry about where she is.

Sorry this is such a long comment!

Missie said...

Our kids and husbands need to be told face to face what they need to do each day! LOL

Have a good evening.