
PALM SPRINGS RESORT SPA AND CASINO
Happy Sunday!!!
Yesterday was our day at the spa courtesy of our doctor. I was up at 5:30 am to meet Kim at our office in Yucca Valley to drive down to the Palm Springs Spa. This was the first time for me. I dont think I would spend my own money to go to a place like this as fabulous as it is. I guess I just cant keep up with the lifestyles of the rich and famous....lol. But since someone else was paying I was like sure lets see what its all about.
We got there when it opened at 8am. We started out in the steam room...now there is a place you can easily shed a couple pounds....lol. Then we went into another room that had dry heat and eucalyptus. I really liked that one. We made our way to the mineral baths which is you own private jacuzzi tub. And finally to the quiet room.....aaahhhh.....this was fabulous!!! Our treatments were scheduled at 10. Mine was a cinnamon-ginger scrub. The smell was delicious. And the best part was when she massaged my face and scalp. Let me tell you I was in another place!!! I didnt have a care in the world it was the most amazing thing ever!!! If I ever win the lottery Im going to hire her to be my personal masseuse..... lol.
After we showered and dressed we sat out by the pool to have lunch. The weather was gorgeous it always is....where else can you lay out by the pool in your swim suit in January....I love it!!! It was so wonderful to be able for all of us to be together away from the office and not talking about work!!! We all get along so great and that is why I love working in small offices as opposed to be clinic type places. Its also nice that we can be "friends" and not just co-workers.
Leslie who works with me in the front office owns a condo in Palm Springs so she invited us to her house to hang out for awhile. We went for a little walk to a bakery not far from her house its called Aspen Mills. They have the best bread, muffins, cookies....etc. We each got something to take back for dessert. We spent about another hour or so just talking and laughing. It was a great time. We decided we werent gonna wait so long to hang out together that we need to do this more often. So hopefully we will!!!
I checked my phone before I left and had a missed call from my oldest daughter Jennifer who doesnt live too far from where I was. She had the night off and asked me if I would come by. So even though I was tired I wasnt gonna tell her no. To my surprise when I got there my ex-husbands new wife and son were there. Dont worry we get along great. It is a true blessing. We all ended up going out to eat (her treat). Now how often does that happen??? A new wife taking the ex wife to dinner......lol. Probably 1 in a million. She is such a nice person. The best part is the kids all get along and everyone is happy!!!
I finally made it home about 9pm and I went straight to bed I didnt get up until about 9 this morning. I knew I had some time to lay around and relax because my husband did most of the laundry yesterday while I was gone. Today we have a big chore to do though. Our bedroom set has arrived and is being delivered on Tuesday!!!! So we have to clear out the old stuff. So for a couple nights we will probably just be sleeping on the mattresses on the floor but I would rather do it today than wait until the last minute.
Well, I guess I better get going ...I hope you all had a good weekend....I will try to post some comments later on.
LIZ <3
3 comments:
Oh that sounds so nice! I think I need to go to the spa! LOL
Kelli
I am so darn jealous!! Have a good week.
I wanted to tell you why I have no ins. but I can't find your e mail addy. Will you please e mail me
Kelli
kamdghwmw@aol.com
Post a Comment