Wednesday, December 10, 2008

BAH HUMBUG!!!


Good morning,

Wow, the last few days I have just been out of it. A little on the depressed side you might say. Its Christmas time I should be happy. And for the most part I am. I am very thankful and very blessed. Especially that I will have the best gift of all this year, which is my husband home. Well, God willing, we are still working on that one. Their original flight was cancelled so we will see. We are still hoping for an arrival before Christmas. I obviously cannot discuss date or times for security reasons. Anyway, I guess that is one reason I am bummed. Thinking that possibly he wont make it in time for Christmas. To get my hopes up and then have them crash and burn is no fun at all.


I will say I was successful at getting the inside of the house decorated. We got the tree up now if it stays that way is another question....lol. Our new cat who technically is still a kitten even though he doesnt look like one. Has already managed to knock several balls off the tree. Some I have saved. And the others well.....so for the past few mornings I came downstairs and have to try to put them back on the tree. Each time trying to put them higher so that now it looks like the bottom part of our tree has no decorations at all.....lol. Anyone want a kitty for Christmas??....LOL.


Now on to my frustration. I was going to put up the outside lights over the weekend. I got them all out. I knew we had some that didnt work from last year so I plugged them all in ahead of time. I didnt have enough working lights. So I decided to go buy some new ones. I guess I was a bit frustrated when I realized that I couldnt hold the lights and use the staple gun with one hand. I wasnt able to pull the trigger. So I got totally frustrated and gave up for the day. On Monday when I arrived home much to my surprise my 13 year old son had put the lights up for me. I was so excited and thanked him over and over. He has really stepped up to the plate trying to do some of the manly things around here while my husband has been gone. But guess what....the stupid lights still dont work!!! I asked him if he tested them before he put them up and of course he didnt. So I have no idea what the problem could be. I have tried different outlets and cords and nothing is working. I hate the thought of taking them down. But if they dont work whats the point? So I am really bummed about that too.


I know eventually things will all work out but for the last few days I just havent been much in the Christmas spirit. Although I do need to get some of the presents wrapped today while the kids are in school. So I better find a way to snap out of my little slump. Wish me luck!!!


Till next time......LIZ

5 comments:

Missie said...

Your husband will get home in time for Christmas. I just know it, and you know what else????

He won't care the lights are working. He just cares that you and kids are happy!

LYN said...

HANG IN THERE GIRL...MY HUBBY GOT IN YESTERDAY...AND WE STRESSED ABOUT HOW THE HOUSE LOOKED ETC AND HE COULD HAVE CARED LESS!!

sober white women said...

Hold on girlfriend! Hey I am going to be out your way next weekend. Would you like to go have lunch? My treat?
He will be home... I just know it!
Kelli

mortonlake said...

have faith love.he will be home.as for lights,well over here in UK you can buy a tester,it costs around 10 bucks,will tell you if its bulb,break in wire etc.may all your worries ease and your xmas be a happy one,take care mort x

Terri said...

I've been a little bah humbuggish this year too, due to the fact that I have totally waited till the last minute and haven't got my tree up yet, still have some presents to buy, haven't filled out my cards etc... but this is my most favorite time of year and when all my things are done I am stressin over I will be okay...lol

I just know he will be home for Christmas...keeping you all in my prayers...

I hope the lights start working...so good of your son to put them up....

Hugs
Terri