
Good morning!!! I am just sitting here enjoying my coffee and the quiet of the house. Well, all except for my 7 month old kitten who is playing with his ball and chasing it all over the house....lol. He is a riot. We have linoleum floors in the kitchen and dining area and he gets going and when he tries to stop, he cant so he just slides all over the place....lol.
My husband must be feeling guitly about leaving again because he had the two older kids help him yesterday before I got home. They cleaned the entire house!!! They swept and mopped the floors, cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed, they even cleaned out the cats litter boxes. I was so happy. Which means today I really dont have anything to do.....its wonderful!!!
We had a great time on Sunday with the grandparents. They made Gumbo, which is one of my husbands favorites. There were about 20 people there. It was a day full of family, good southern food, and of course football!!! Now this Saturday we will be spending the day with our adoptive parents. Grandpa is taking the boys to the Palm Springs Air Museum, while the girls get to go to the Street Fair and go shopping. Then we are gonna meet up for dinner at P.F. Chang's. Its one of my favorites. Its chinese food but a little out of our price range so we dont go very often so I am really looking forward to it.
Im gonna go get my nails done in a little while Im way overdue its been about 3 weeks. I have a dinner party to go to tonight. Its a spouses dinner for my husbands unit. Im looking forward to it. We have a new C.O. and a new Sergeant Major. I have met the new C.O. and his wife they are from Long Beach, CA my home town. Its such a small world. And our new Sergeant Major is the younger brother of a really good friend of mine who I graduated high school with so he too is from Long Beach. So it should be fun.
I am really enjoying the cooler weather!!! I have the windows open letting the fresh air in. We spend all summer locked up in an air conditioned house. I have always said summer was my favorite season and I think it still is but I also love fall. I guess the only season I really dont like is winter. I hate being cold. I will take 120 degree heat over freezing any day. Im thankful I live in California where it doesnt get really cold at least not here in Southern Cali.
My husband has only a few days left before he leaves for Iraq. I think its funny how we adjust to things. I can look back to Sept of 2006 when I was about to endure my first deployment. I was so scared and unsure of things. I cried.....alot. Then our second deployment came upon us in September of 2007 and I had made lots of friends within the unit. I was familiar with the base and how things worked during a deployment and I was not happy of course, but no longer afraid or scared. Now with our 3rd deployment about to start I am just like ok this is now become our way of life. Its what we have become accustomed to. I know I have done it before and I can do it one more time. I think also because I know for sure this is definitely the last one ever!!! Thank God!!!
Well, I think Im gonna get moving and get out and enjoy this beautiful fall weather!!!
Till next time....
LIZ
6 comments:
Yes, it is a small world. The cycle of deployment's never seem to end. I have been through so many and yet I never got use to them. I am here for you. I have walked in your shoes and I know that sometimes you just want to scream, so call me and scream at me! The next time we are on your base maybe you and I could get together for lunch.
Kelli
Have a good night.
I so agree with you about loving the fall...I always feel like I'm alive again! I hate hot weather, and leaving the air conditioning, so I stay in a lot too....and when fall comes, I'm always happy :)
I'm sorry that your husband has to be deployed again, and while you may have become acustomed to it, I'm sure it is never easy to say goodbye under those circumstances. I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
My daughter loves P.F. Changs...we don't have one here, which is probably a good thing the way I eat! LOL!
Have a great Thursday~
Pooh Hugs,
Linda
Hey girlie!
Sorry to hear Leroy is fixing to be deployed again...but YAY for being the last time..hopefully it will go by quick...
So glad to catch up with you again, I am really liking blogger
Your kids are beautiful in your sidebar slideshow...
Hugs
Terri
Liz,
I just wanted to pop over and personally thank you for the very sweet comment you left re: Sarah and Bennie. Miracles do happen every day and I'm sure that some day we will get ours too. Bless you for thinking of them and being so sweet.
I love the pretty background of your blog...it's sooo pretty and fall-like. And lucky you having someone clean the litter box! That's one of my least favorite jobs!
Good Afternoon from Alberta, Canada
I have just seen you blog and my heart goes out to you as your hubby goes on another deployment.
This is a life I would have no concept of other than a slight comparison when I was a young wife with 3 kids and he a Police Officer.
My hubby and I pray for ALL the troops and although Canada's involvement is far less there are still wives, mother, fathers, kids and extended family left behind.
May the Lord surround your hubby with his guardian angels...and may the Lord give you the strength (as He promises) to deal with issues at home.
Blessings,
Lori (from Alberta, Canada)
Post a Comment