Thursday, October 16, 2008

A QUICK HELLO.....

Good evening,

I usually write an entry on my day off when I have the house to myself but the power was out all day yesterday so not only did I not have a computer...I couldnt do laundry...I couldnt vacuum....I couldnt run the dishwasher. So about the only thing I got accomplished yesterday was the grocery shopping which is a good thing at least I know we will eat for the next two weeks...lol.

I am still adjusting to my husband being gone. I can tell you he has arrived safely at his destination. I have also had some communication through email and IM. What makes things difficult is the time difference but we do ok. Im ever so grateful for modern technology!!!!

Saturday Im going to drive the kids to the pumpkin patch. I was the worst mommy ever last year because I never took them and by the time we tried to even find some at the stores all the good ones were gone. So I dont dare make the same mistake again this year!!!

My two older kids are at soccer practice so its going to be a late dinner for us tonight. As much as I love having them involved in activities it takes a lot of creative planning when it comes to when and what to do for dinners. Thats where cooking in my crockpot or doing a casserole in the oven comes in handy. That way I can eat when I am hungry and they still have a hot meal to come home to after practice.

Well, I need to get going such is the life of a single mom....

Till next time....

LIZ

4 comments:

LYN said...

hang in there..it's always a bit of an adjustment in the beginning isn't it? but you will get into your deployment "groove" soon ..have a great weekend..do something for yourself!!

sober white women said...

No power all day?! I would have gone to the pool. LOL
I can't tell you the last time our family actually sat down and ate. veryone seems to go in different directions.
Hang in there girl, you are one day closer to your husband coming home!
Kelli

Missie said...

I'm glad your husband arrived at his destination safely. I'll keep him in my prayers that he stays that way! Enjoy your weekend.

Linda said...

Hi
I'm getting caught up here, I've had some bad days with a new medicine I'm taking, but today I've been able to sit up all day without being dizzy or sick.
I'm so sorry your husband is gone now, you looked so sad in the photo with him....bless your heart. I will be praying for his saftey, as well as all of the troops. Hang in there...

Love & Pooh Hugs,
Linda