Sunday, April 5, 2009

THIS, THAT AND THE OTHER

Hello!!!


Finally a day to catch up....my husband has duty today so I am gonna spend the day relaxing and catching up on things around the house. Laughlin was a blast!!! We spent Friday night at a private party for the Staff & Officers, we laughed and drank, man these Marines are something else when they get a little alcohol in them. We ended up down in the casino some gambled, we drank some more, and had the best time. Saturday we just went sight seeing for awhile....then we got ready for the main event. It was another night of fun with friends, food, and lots of dancing (oh and more drinking too....lol). We spent 6 hours on the road coming home on Sunday by the time we drove from Laughlin and picked up the kids. But it was so so worth it!!!


Monday was back to work and Jordyn our 5 year old started T-ball practice. They are just so incredibly cute at this age. I cant wait until their first game so I can get some video. They are taking this next week off because it is spring break for our school district. My daughter Danyelle is gonna go spend the week with her dad. We havent made any definite plans for Easter but Im sure we will all end up together somewhere. I still havent gotten anything together for the kids yet. I dont like giving them too much candy but we still do the traditional coloring of Easter eggs. Which reminds me I better go buy some more eggs!!!


We try to have a family day when we can. I found myself getting so caught up with housework sometimes that I started feeling guilty that I was one of those parents that would say "In a minute" or "Not now Im busy". Having a daughter that will be turning 21 this May I realized life is too short and housework and chores can wait. And it doesnt take a lot to make them happy. So at least once a week we will watch a movie or play a game or just sit and watch TV together as a family. Yesterday we ran a couple of errands and then went over to the bowling alley on base. Then at 6 I took my daughter to the movies we saw "He's just not that into you" and Jordyn and daddy stayed home and played video games together.


I am still not totally happy with the weather its getting a little warmer but still windy. They opened up the pools on base this week then had to close them for cleaning because of the nasty wind storm we had. It is April... I know this time last year I was wearing shorts and flip flops. Please summer hurry up!!! This is the desert for goodness sake I want my warmth!!!


Well, I guess Im gonna get a few things done around the house today while my hubby is gone. Im sure he will be calling me later to bring him something to eat or whatever. I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!!!


Till next time....


LIZ <3

4 comments:

Ms.Emily said...

so glad that you guys had an awesome time!!!

wow april and still not really warm out there yet???

hopefully it gets nice out there soon. (bet its nicer there than here, LOL) jealous!!!

enjoy the rest of your weekend liz!

miss ya
xo
emily

Terri said...

Glad ya'll had a great time!

I wore shorts and flip flops for the first time this spring today...it is 73 out..but we are under a tornado watch...blah!

Hope you have a good week

Hugs
Terri

sober white women said...

LOL I was just wondering if the pool was open! A bunch of us are going to go hiking out there and I thought it would nice to go cool off at the pool.
I try like hell to spend a lot of time with my children. I mean fun time. I am home with them all the time, but I know what you mean...fun stuff.
Kelli

Missie said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time!

Have a good week!