Wednesday, December 17, 2008

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY JORDYN


Good morning!!!
Today is my baby boy's 5th birthday .....HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDYN!!! I am kinda sad in a way because he was my baby and now not a baby any more. But on the other hand I am relieved that I dont have any more babies. I am so beyond diapers and formula I cant even begin to tell you. It is so much nicer now to be able to just get up and go. Im loving life as it is right now and it just keeps getting better.
We got a surprise snow on Monday in Yucca Valley where I work. It was awesome!!! It snowed pretty much all day. It was so beautiful to see our desert covered in all white. I have some pictures I will post later. This morning it is raining and the forecast predicts some more snow out here in our California desert. So we will wait and see if that happens. Who would ever think that somewhere that it gets to be 120 in the summer ....it could snow in the winter!!! Of course its not like snow that some of you get in other parts... but for us Californians it is snow and its fun to see every now and then.
I am kinda of worried though about this weather. On Monday they closed the roads coming up here to the High Desert. I was planning to take Jordyn to Chuck E Cheese today. I am so glad I didnt tell him because if the weather gets bad or if it snows I am definitely not trying to drive down the grade into the lower desert. I might just wait a few more hours and see what happens . I hate driving in the rain or anything else. Im just not use to it. If worse comes to worse I will just go pick up his cake and we will still have cake and sing him Happy Birthday here. And Chuckie will just have to wait for another day......lol.
Well I need to get going I only have two days left and I havent made any Homecoming signs I have a lot to get done in such a short period of time.....
Till next time....
LIZ <3

6 comments:

sober white women said...

I am just so happy for you! You have made it through another deployment, and hubby will be home for Christmas.
Yes it is hard to believe that the desert gets snow, but I think it is awesome. It turns out that they closed the roads just an hour after my hubby got down them.
Happy Birthday to your baby!
Kelli

natalie said...

hi Liz! Big Congratulations on receiving your wonderful award from
Kelli! Way to go!:)
Happy Happy Birthday to Jordyn!
I'm glad that Jordyn is such a great kid and I'm glad that you have snow!:):)
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas too!
hugs,natalie

natalie said...

Der Liz
Thank you so much for your husband's service!I so appreciate it!:)
You are awesome as a family to make so many sacrifices for America's safety.Please thank your husband adn your kids too
hugs,natalie

mortonlake said...

happy birthday jordyn.hope you all have a wonderful xmas,take care love mort x

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm here from "Thoughts of a sober white woman" ... and ... congratulations on getting her honesty award.

I've been reading through your site ... it's a very special blog. You have a beautiful family. How long has your husband been away? Well ... it sounds like this is going to be a wonderful holiday for you and your family!

Wishing you and your family the best always!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Missie said...

Happy Birthday Jordyn!!