
Good morning my friends!!!
I hope everyone is doing well!!! We are all doing great. Soccer season is officially over and Im so glad. Tuesday night at Danyelle's game it was so cold I couldnt stand it. Im so glad niether one of my boys are playing flag football!!! But my daughter Danyelle has informed me she would like to try basketball. Im ok with that at least that is inside the gym where I can stay warm .....lol.
I re-decorated my journal I was feeling very patriotic with the election, Veterans Day, and of course tomorrow is the Marine Corps 233rd birthday!!!! OOH RAH!!! I am a little disappointed since my husband has been deployed the last 3 years I havent been to an official Marine Birthday Ball. All the girls have been running around buying their dresses, getting their hair and nails done. Some are going to Vegas for their balls this year!! I have to admit I am a bit jealous. Even though I have been to several others. Some women dont like going, but I do. I love nothing more than walking arm and arm down a crowded street with my Marine in his dress blues. It is such an honorable feeling to me. I AM A VERY PROUD MARINE WIFE!!!!
Veterans Day is also very special to me since I am the wife of a veteran, the daughter of a veteran and the niece of a veteran. My uncle is a retired Marine. And my father was a Navy man....served 22 years!!! So I really make it a point to honor those who are still with us on this special day and remember those who are no longer with us. I am taking the children to a couple of parades this year since I have the day off. I am looking forward to being able to be out there with our veterans and thank them for their service and dedication to our country.
Speaking of Veterans Day I got an email from our family readiness officer and it seems a lot of businesses are offering "free" or discounted items to active or retired military. If you have a Military I.D. you can show it and receive discounts. Applebees is giving a free meal on Veterans Day. And most other businesses are giving discounts. A lot of the discounts are good year round so if you have an I.D. and havent been using it....you should!!! Every little bit helps. I am gonna take advantage of the Knotts Berry Farm deal. They have a Veterans Day special to let an active duty member and one guest in for free and up to 6 additional guests for only $15.00 each. That is a great deal. I found out I can take my husbands place since he is deployed all I have to do is bring a copy of his orders. I thought that was very cool.
Well, nothing else too exciting going on around here. Im gonna try to finish some things up around the house and then maybe take a trip down to Palm Springs this afternoon.
Till next time......
LIZ
7 comments:
Hey Liz...
Forgive me too for being MIA...I try so hard to keep up with everyone...but it's nearly impossible on blogger..LOL
Your page looks fantastic!!! Love it!
A huge Thank You to your husband for serving our Country and to you for standing by his side!!!
Have a good day!
Hugs
Terri
hi liz great looking journal. enjoy.lol take care mort x
Thank you for stopping by my Journal.
Thank your husband for me. I know you are a very proud wife of a Marine!
Love your Journal.
Hugs, Rose
Your journal looks so awesome! We are having a ceremony in our local park and we will be going, as my Daddy is a Vet of WW2. It's a very proud day and one of humble rememberance. Thank you husband for me.
Pooh Hugs,
Linda
Just think of all the money you are saving by not going to the ball! I will post some ball pictures in a few days. We went to a very small ball and I was home and in the bed by 10 p.m.
You are one day closer to you hubby coming home!
Kelli
Happy Marine Corp Birthday!
I am also a Disabled Vietnam Veteran: 68-70, helicopter door gunner- US Army, and retired Chrysler worker after 30.5 years.
I have seen too many friends die in years past. I write a Blog/ Journal that is geared to help other combat Vets deal with the corrupt VA system that I know so well.
Have a great day.
Cordially,
Tom S
tschuckmam@aol.com
Dear Liz, wow! those balls sound very special!
I think you have a great attitude!
hugs,natalie
Post a Comment