
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Well I am officially a year older!!! I had a great day yesterday even if I had to work. My oldest daughter and her boyfriend stopped by my office with a cake, my co-workers sang Happy Birthday and we all enjoyed the cake. When I got home I was greeted with another cake and wonderful dinner prepared by my husband.
Today I am spending another Friday at my office alone, answering phones. So I have plenty of time to play on the internet.....lol. I updated my blog heading to proud mommy of 5. I think I mentioned in my last entry that my step daughter was coming to live with us. She arrived safely Wednesday night. We have a blended family but have never used the words half sister/brother or step sister/brother so I have decided I dont want to be a "step" mom. Im a mom, period. So hence the new logo "PROUD MOM OF 5". I just didnt want anyone to think I was pregnant again......lmao!!!
I need to be her mom since her biological one doesnt want to "deal" with it anymore. So be it. We are happy to have her!!! Maybe now we finally wont have to deal with the drama and the never ending lies!!! The latest one being she told my husband she needed $150.00 to pay for half of a dental bridge that Kaelah had to have because she broke a tooth and they had to remove it. Kaelah has no bridge and never even had an appt to get it done!!! Amazing isnt it??? Oh well, the way I see it there are more important things than money. The most important is the blessings of being a mother, though definitely not an easy job but the most rewarding in my opinion. I am very much looking forward to having another daughter in the house to go to the movies with, to get our nails done, go shopping with!!!! I guess what they say is true....."Some women just give birth....others are here to be MOMS!!!"
I do have to admit that I have made my mistakes in the past when it came to being a step parent. Its not easy especially when you dont see them often or get to talk to them or even get pictures of them. Its hard to know what they like or dont like. Its very different than when they live with you on a day to day basis. But now that my husband is getting out of the military and we can be a 2 parent family again things will be a lot different than trying to deal with it on my own. Now our family is finally "whole" again. No missing pieces.
On another happy note my warm weather is here!!! Now I just have to wait another week for the pools to open up on base. My husband has been thinking about some jobs that might take us back to San Diego. I think I could see myself lying on the beach relaxing with a good book and watching all the cute surfers.....lol. As much as I love the desert you just dont have the luxury of being out in the sun for a long period of time. So now I kinda have my heart set on moving back to the beach. I will keep my fingers crossed!!!
OMG....the phone is not ringing today , Im bored out of my mind. I should of brought a book and didnt even think about it this morning when I left. Well I guess that means I will have to call a few friends to chat with to keep me entertained for the rest of the day. I get a 3 day weekend I wont have to come in on Monday.....wooo hoooo!!!! Hope everyone has a fun weekend I have noticed fewer postings since the weather has been warming up. So enjoy!!!
Till next time.......LIZ <3
3 comments:
Happy Birthday..late is better then never.
Your thoughts on parenting kids from previous relationship are golden, I wish my sister lived by those(she can't stand her stepson) I believe K is much better, loving hands. Congrats on the new challenege, I know you embrace them all.
HUGS
It sounds like your new daughter is in the best place for her. That's awesome that you are giving her a stable loving home (and brothers and sisters!). You have the cutest family!
happy belated birthday liz!!!
Im so glad Kaelah made it ok!!!
oxox
Post a Comment