Wednesday, January 7, 2009

WELCOME BABY HERR AND OTHER STUFF


Good morning!!!

I woke up this morning with a text message on my cell phone from our friends Chris and Candice. Candice gave birth to their first child this morning at 3:28am. A healthy baby boy!!!! I am so excited for them and I cant wait to meet the little guy. CONGRATS CHRIS AND CANDICE .....WE LOVE YOU!!!

I cannot believe that I am sitting here only hearing the dishwasher ....lol. The kids are off to school the husband is at work. Finally a little time for myself. Not really... I have a lot of things to do to today, I hope I get most of them accomplished. I have resulted to making lists for myself as I think of things I want to or have to get done. Of course things that have to get done always take priority over the others. So all the fun stuff always seems to end up at the bottom of the list. I guess that is because I am a mom and a wife Im sure you can all relate. We dont only have to think for ourselves but everyone else as well.

We had a busy weekend. We were successful at getting the garage all cleaned out and organized. By doing so the treadmill is back in the house. So now it sits right next to our computer desk and talks to me....lol. It was much easier for me to ignore when it was in the garage. Im embarrassed to say when the last time I was on one. I have been fortunate so far in life even after having four kids I am not overweight. However, being healthy has nothing to do with how much you weigh and I know as I am getting older I have to watch out for other things. Skinny people have heartattacks too!!! So hopefully I can discipline myself to get on it on a regular basis again.

So Saturday night we were just exhausted and just sat on the couch and watched the Charger game. The way the season started out I never dreamed they would be in the playoffs. I really didnt think they would beat the Colts either!!! I was so excited!! I am a huge football fan I dont really have a favorite team but since Im a Cali girl it seems only appropriate that I cheer on our home team. But now they have to go back and play the Steelers. I think they did well the last time they played it was only at the end of the game that they finally lost it. So considering the way they have been playing I never want to say they wont beat them I do think the odds are against them but we will see.....I do know it will be a great game and thats always exciting to watch if your a football fan.

Then on Sunday my husband surprised me!!! For over a year now I have been wanting to get a new bedroom set for us. But other things always came up. Last year I bought a new bedroom set for our son who had grown out of his twin bed. Then when my oldest daughter moved out she gave her furniture to her sister who also now has a new room. Even the youngest has gotten a new bookshelf and items for his room. I wasnt complaining too much since my husband used the money he had saved to take me on an anniversary cruise last June. That was more than I ever imagined he would do. But finally he decided it was time for us to get our new room. So we ordered a whole new bedroom set. Im so excited and cant wait for it to get here but we had to special order it so it could take 4-6 weeks. I do hope it comes sooner!!!

Well, I guess I better hit the to-do list which includes the wonderful chores of mopping and cleaning the bathrooms today while everyone is out of the house. I hope you all enjoy the rest of the week!!!


Till next time.....

LIZ <3

2 comments:

sober white women said...

That is so cool that you are getting a new bedroom set! We got a new bed last year and it was the best thing.
O.K. now let me yell at you. Life is short and while you are a mom and wife, you still need to go out and play! Don't make me come up there. LOL
I have been saying all week that I need to go clean out my closet. We still have boxes in there that have not been unpacked since last June! I am thinking that we don't need that stuff.
Kelli

Joyce said...

Enjoy your quiet moments, but know that some day you will wish all the noise and chaos of a family was back. lol. Glad you are finally getting your bedroom the way you want it.
Hugs, Joyce