Good morning,
Wow!!! Thats about the only thing I can think of to say. Yesterday was my day off....as you know we had plans to celebrate Jordyn's birthday in the lower desert. Well, I sent my older son out at 6:30 am in the rain to go catch his bus for school. A few minutes later I heard the front door, he immediately called out "Mom" so I was relieved it was him. But angry because I had no idea why he was back I thought he was gonna tell me he missed the bus. He said the other kids were going home that school was cancelled because of the storm. I said "What storm, its just a little rain". I turned on the news and went to the internet and sure enough our schools were closed. At this point it was still just raining. So I knew the day wasnt going to go as planned.
About an hour or so later my daughter yells, "Its snowing!!! Its snowing!!!" I didnt believe her at all. But then we all ran to the front door and it indeed was snowing!!! The kids screamed in joy and started running around trying to find jackets and shoes etc. All the neighborhood kids came running outside as well. They were all just so excited. I didnt think it would last that long but it actually snowed all day long. The kids would come in wet and cold. I would put their things in the dryer and then they would go back out. They tried to enjoy it as much as possible because they knew this may be the only time they actually got to play in the snow in their own front yard.
I managed to get to the store here on base. I had a cake already ordered for Jordyn but I didnt feel the risk of driving that far from home alone. So I was able to get another cake and pick up something for lunch. I came back home and made lunch. We sang Jordyn Happy Birthday and he opened up his presents. He was so excited about the snow he hardly cared about his birthday really, I had to try to tie him down just to do that much.....lol.
So even though I didnt get the things accomplished that I wanted to it was an amazing day and one Im sure we will never forget. Now Im hoping that the snow stays just a little bit longer so my husband can see it. But on the other hand hoping there is no more storms for fear they wont make it up the grade to get home. Im thinking positive and know that if God got us this far he wont let me down now.
My oldest son was so funny, last night he brought in a huge pile of snow and I started yelling what are you doing with that???? Your gonna get my floor all wet!!! A typical mom response. Not realizing what he was doing. He said Im gonna put it in the freezer for dad just in case all the snow melts before he gets here. My eyes immediately flooded with tears. Even in the midst of all his excitement and joy. He remembered his dad was coming home soon. So in my freezer sits a giant ball of frozen snow.......lol.
I just looked outside and the ground is still covered in white but the sky looks clear and it looks like a little bit of sun too. So that means our snow will be melting away soon. I took a bunch of pictures yesterday and I tried to post them but it didnt seem to be loading in my journal. I will try again today to see if it works. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend if I dont make time to get another entry in. And if I go MIA for awhile.....well I have a good reason.....lol.
Till next time....
LIZ <3
2 comments:
My husband is glad that he left when he did other wise he would be stuck there.
We got a little bit of snow here but it did not stick.
So, can we do lunch after winter? LOL
Kelli
Well, that's nice to get a layer of snow, particularly for the young ones.
Post a Comment