
Good morning everyone!!! Yay, its Saturday!!! I had a pretty good week. I got all the presents wrapped that I have here at the house. I still have a couple that I had to order so Im waiting for them to arrive. Im almost done with the present part. I officially gave up on the Christmas lights. I took the advice of another Marine Wife who reminded me "he wont care what the house looks like, or if the lights dont work". Its funny how we forget these things when its our turn for our men to come home we rush around like crazy trying to make the house perfect and look perfect. They really dont care......lol. They just want to be home!!!
Speaking of coming home if the last word I got is correct this time we are down to days now!!!! So this week is gonna be a busy one. I have not made any homecoming signs because Im still trying to keep it a secret from our 4 year old. Who by then will be our 5 year old. Jordyn has a birthday next Wednesday the 17th. I am taking him to Chuck E Cheese!!! He doesnt know yet that is a surprise too!!! I was gonna wait so his dad could be there but we decided with Christmas coming it would just make things more hectic so I will take him on his real birthday and not make him wait.
Then my husband tells me to plan on extras for Christmas dinner.....I said I need a number do I need to rent table and chairs. Well, the answer was "yes" so yesterday I got that taken care of and now just need to go shopping for all the food. They are getting home so close to Christmas that some of the single marines wont be able to make it home for Christmas. So my husband being one of the oldest in fact he may be the oldest in his section....lol. Has invited them all over to our house which I am extremely excited about. I love having large groups of people together especially for the holidays. Its going to be lots of fun.
Today Im making another trip to the mall in Palm Desert. I need to get the kids yearly Christmas picture taken. I cant remember when I started this tradition but I believe it was when Danyelle was about a year old. So I have been doing this for awhile. I dont do anything fancy just go to the one hour photo place in the mall. Then I can get my Christmas cards out in the mail. I alreay have them signed and addressed I just need to add the pictures.
Well, I need to get going Im trying to get an early start today. I hope you all have a great weekend!!!
Till next time.....
LIZ ,<3
2 comments:
How exciting!!! :)
Love the Christmas pic..your kids are so beautiful and handsome
Hugs
Terri
whoever told you that he won't care is right!! we busted our asses here getting everything just right and NO he did not notice or care..he was just happy to be home...
your family is so beautiful..I cannot believe how big the youngest is already!! holy cow!
Post a Comment