Sunday, November 30, 2008

I STILL BELIEVE IN SANTA!!!


I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Ours was fabulous!!! We spent a few days in Las Vegas with my sister and her family. I was almost hesitant to go because of the forecast of rainstorms. Where I have to drive through the desert there are always risks of flash floods and closed roads. (Been there done that). It is no fun at all. But when I woke up on Wednesday it didnt seem to bad so I decided to take my chances. Luckily all we got was a little drizzle. And the drive home yesterday was beautiful.

I guess the biggest surprise was waking up to a phone call from my husband early Wednesday morning. There have been rumors going around for a couple of weeks that they were going to pull his unit out of Iraq. But I learned a long time ago not to believe everything you hear especially when it pertains to the Marine Corps....lol. Anyway, it is official......


MY MARINE WILL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!


I couldnt believe it....I thought I was dreaming.....I still cant believe its true. So we are just jumping for joy over here. I have some tentative dates so now Im just hoping he makes it home before the 17th of December so he can be here for Jordyn's 5th birthday.


So anyway that is my exciting news......I have been on such an emotional high the last few days I just dont know what to do...lol. Well Im glad I came home yesterday because today I need to finish up the laundry and do some cleaning so we can get back on track tomorrow. I cant believe its December 1st tomorrow. The time has just flown by this year but Im not complaining at this point. Usually I would be because its Christmas and I still have things to do but this year.....I DONT CARE!!!!


Well, I better get going I have lots to do today ....take care....and help me pray for their safe trip home!!!!!


Till next time.....LIZ <3












7 comments:

Terri said...

OMG Liz...exciting..wonderful news!!!!

So happy for you all... :)

I will be praying for your honeys safe return home, as well as for all of our soldiers!!

Hugs
Terri

Christy said...

Congratulations Liz, that's wonderful news for you and your family!

mortonlake said...

great news liz.lets hope they pull ALL the troops out soon,both american and brits.enough pain and misery has been caused.ermmm not sure about your header.OF COURSE YOU BELIEVE IN SANTA. he is real. aint he??lol take care and god bless,mort xx

sober white women said...

I am over here doing a happy dance for you and your family! You are one day closer to him coming home!
Kelli

natalie said...

Gee Liz!:) I am soooo happy that your husband will be home!
I have been reading your blog and I knwo how happy the kids and you might be !:0
grrrrrrrrrrreat!:)
Awesome entry! thanks!
natalie

Missie said...

WONDERFUL NEWS!!! I'm doing a happy dance with you.

LYN said...

holy crap!! that is awesome!! so happy for you! mine will be home in 8 days and a wake up!