Saturday, November 1, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Hello!!!!

I hope you all remember me.....lol. It seems like forever since I have written an entry. I hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween. My oldest son Braydon babysat for a neighbor of ours who has 2 little boys so he volunteered to take his little brother with him trick or treating. That gave me the oppourtunity to stay home and pass out candy and check out all the kids. I barely had enough candy and I bought 10 bags!!! There are so many kids here on base!!! They were all so cute especially the little ones that couldnt even say "Trick or Treat". They just walk up and hold out their bag....lol. Danyelle went with her friends of course. Its nice being somewhere I can trust them to go alone.

Things have just been crazy busy around here. I am actually glad that the soccer season is coming to an end. We have our last games next week. That was taking up so much of our time and then trying to fit in homework time and other things. I have just been running non stop. I am ready for a little break until spring. That is when baseball starts!!!!

I cannot believe it is November 1st already. Time just seems to be flying by and that is fine with me. It means I will be back with my husband in no time!!! He is missing home already. This is the 3rd year in a row he has missed the holidays with his family. We know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but its still a lot to endure especially when you have children.

So that means I get to do all the Christmas shopping again....lol. Living out here being away from a lot of the major stores it gets a little hard. No Toys R Us or really cool clothing stores. Last year I ordered quite a few things online. The only disadvantage to that is having to pay for shipping. So I wonder which is more cost effective. Paying the extra charges to have them send me my gifts here or spending the money on gas to drive over an hour away to the nearest mall???

Oh well, I know me and its just not as fun picking things out over the computer. Its much more fun spending 30 mintues trying to find a parking place and then fighting all the holiday crowds....lol. It seems to be getting easier as the kids get older they usually only ask for one major item and then I usually just get them simple things like CD's or video games or movies. Jordyn is the only one that still wants everything he sees on TV.....lol. Everytime a commercial comes on he says "I want that mommy".

Today we are going to a football game. My brother in law use to work at a Junior College when him and my sister first met. He was the athletic trainer so he had to work all the sports events. Good thing he married a woman who loves sports....lol. Anyway we spent every Saturday night at the football games. This season so far they are undefeated!!! My son really wants to go see them play. So since it is an afternoon game I told him we could take the trip and go watch them play. Its not as exciting as the pros but definitely better than high school. Im looking forward to spending the day out with my children.

Well, I better go get a few things done around the house before we go. I know I havent been around to comment on everyone's blog. I hope tomorrow I can catch up a little bit. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Till next time.....


LIZ

3 comments:

sober white women said...

I know this is hard on your family. Please know that I think of you often and I would like to say a big thank you to you and to your husband for all that you do for this country.
If you are not busy for Thanksgiving you are more then welcome to drive out. You can even crash here if you want.
Kelli

Shelly said...

I didn't get to see all the little kids in their costumes this year. They are really cute. I'm glad you all are doing good!!

Linda said...

Just checking in with your journal since getting back. I want you to know that I can't begin to know what your family goes through and how hard it must be. But your husband's service means so much to our country and I and so thankful and appreciative for it. His sacrifice is always in my mind and I pray for all of you. God Bless.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda